Monday, July 26, 2010

1,001 Things I Did This Summer -- Part 7

Good morning everyone. I hope you have all had a great week. Here’s how my week went:

162. Lovin’ this song.
163. Stayed at our friends’ cabin.
164. My work has now changed from very part-time to very full-time.
165. Spent some much need time returning phone calls and e-mail.
166. Practiced organ – I play at church this weekend. My dream would be able to sound like this.  I do not sound like that!
167. There are two movies coming out which I’d love to see starring Steve and Will – you gotta love those two guys. Check out this second trailer for the Schmucks!  They keep me laughing every time.
168. The shawl is coming along. Although, I find I do have to go downstairs by myself where it is quiet and I have nothing to distract me.
169. I love John Travolta when he plays a bad guy. Okay, I’ll say it . . . I am just in love with John Travolta. Warning – the language in this movie is pretty spicy if that sort of thing bothers you.
170. One of my new fillings came out while brushing my teeth. I called the dentist’s office. They couldn’t fit me in. “What do you mean you can’t fit me in? I’m walking around with a gaping hole in my mouth. I think you can fit me in! Hello? Hell-oo?” Bollocks!
171. Waiting for an appointment to get the hole in my head repaired. Which lends to great anxiety and extreme hyperventilation, because I just LOVE the dentist and wish I could go every day and have him poke around in my mouth with sharp needle-like objects. No, it doesn’t help when you show me the shiny instrument and what it does and how it will just “slip along the tooth”. It’s a bloody hook that you are putting in my mouth which is going to make me leap out of my chair and hang from the roof each time you touch a sensitive area! And, no, it doesn’t make a difference that you’re sporting a jaunty Hawaiian shirt – it doesn’t make you more approachable, you filthy hippie!
172. Organizing myself now that I’m working full-time. It’s almost fall. That’s when I usually buy my annual gigantic calendar that comes with fun graphics . . . and stickers. I think I’ll look for one a little earlier.
173. Last night we got home from town. One of my purchases was new underwear (not that you want to really know about that!). I hate buying underwear because of the sizing charts. One brand says this size will fit while another tells me something totally different. It’s all so very confusing. Anyhoo, I pulled out a pair when we got home and held them up. Surely I must have grabbed the wrong size. They look as large as the UNIVERSE!
174. I’m hitting the treadmill tomorrow . . . the panties fit!
175. I decided to forgo my usual night snack. I opted for a glass of water instead . . . {sigh}.
176. Woke up early before church. I really should put on my sneakers and take my dog for a long, long, long, long, long walk.
177. How do people fit in an adequate workout program when they work full-time? Okay, let’s be honest. I didn’t work out even when I wasn’t working full-time. Hence the reason I am walking around in panties that could house a whole indigenous tribe!
178. Privately wishing we had “The Biggest Loser” in Canada. I’m obviously not good at motivating myself to get moving. We don’t have a gym in town. I still haven’t moved my clothes rack out of the way of the treadmill (which reminds me – I have laundry that needs to be hung up . . . BRB).
179. Signed up for Weight Watchers Canada – yay me!
180. Attended an old-fashioned threshing show. They had 10 threshers running at the same time. I believe one of them dates back to the 1930's. Pretty impressive they still run so well. It was fun watching the older people whose families would have had something like them. They were all smiling and having a great time. There was even an 87 year old man out there pitching hay. Wow!
181. Watched So I Married an Axe Murderer. Now my daughter knows where my husband and I get so many quotes that we use in conversation from time to time. Such a great movie.

Well, that’s my week in a nutshell. BTW, I just called the dentist’s office again this morning hoping to get in before my 12-hr shift at work. This is how the conversation went:

     “Hi this is Becky. I called on Friday about my filling that fell out. I would really like to get in this morning to have that repaired.”

     The receptionist snickered, rather rudely, and said, “I’m sorry. That’s not how it works. We are totally booked up for the rest of the summer. We’ll put you on a waiting list and see if there is a cancellation.”

     “Uh, but I just had the filling done a few months ago.”

     “Well, the dentist will warranty his work. However, we have absolutely no openings and not enough chairs. You are going to have to wait for a cancellation.”

Now, the thing that ticks me off is that I have to walk around with a hole in my mouth which is rather irritating and throbs from time to time. Why do they not have certain times reserved for emergencies or situations like mine. I mean it can’t be good to have this huge cavity exposed for God knows how many weeks I’ll have to wait.

You know what? Perhaps I’ll just go to YouTube and see if there is a video on how to repair one’s tooth at home. There has got to be a kit or something available at Wal-Mart or Costco.

Update:  The dental office just got me booked in for tomorrow morning.  Oh yeah {sniff}-- she could sense I was a coiled tiger inside just waiting to spring.  Yeah, I gots that kind of power over peoples.

No comments:

Post a Comment