Monday, July 12, 2010

1,001 Things I Did This Summer -- Part 5

Well, today's list certainly is not as long as the others. I feverishly worked on completing the knitted wrap I made to wear this fall for my cousin's wedding.  As a result, not a lot of things were added to my list this week.  Hmmm . . . correction on that one.  We did do a lot of things, I just forgot to write them all down until this morning so there are probably many things missing.

123.  Played Clue.  Who knew?  It was Professor Plum in the Ballroom with the revolver.  Huh!
124.  Wept just a little as I realized my daughter is definitely not a morning person like me.
125.  Went on a tour of an old Hungarian flour mill.  A bit more interesting than you might suspect.
126.  Toured a museum -- great artifacts.  They even had old spinning wheels!!!
127.  Did some shopping -- clothes, books, and food (groceries . . . big whoop!).
128.  Did some sightseeing.
129.  Swam in the pool . . . a lot!
130.  I love the song Bulletproof by La Roux.
131.  Do you have an app for this?  Gave me a bit of a chuckle.
132.  A new friend invited us out for dinner.
133.  Went to the local fair.  Went on some crazy rides and some rides I will NEVER go on again, ate food that was bad for me, and laughed so hard I thought I'd pee my pants!  Good times :D
134.  While at the fair, we decided to eat our dinner in the bleachers.  There I watched my first harness horse race.  As they paraded past before the race we each picked a horse we thought would win.  The bugle sounded and the horses were off.  My horse, #3 - Candyman, won!  Too bad I didn't place a wager -- great fun.
135.  I finished knitting the wrap I started last Sunday.  I still need to block it, but I can tell you right now I won't be wearing it to the wedding.  The colours are much too bright!  I'll just have to enjoy it during the summer months.
136.  I cast-on to knit a shawl for the wedding (round two).  This one is a lacy little number which will either be a success or will cause me to rip out my hair in chunks, thus leaving me with a very scary hair-do for the wedding in September.  Stay tuned to find out.

Have a great week everyone :D

No comments:

Post a Comment