Monday, July 19, 2010

1,001 Things I Did This Summer -- Part 6

This week’s installment is brought to you by the number three . . .

137.  Played a round of golf and had a lovely lunch with the family.
138.  Discovered, with much horror, my dog has fleas!  Off we go to the vet’s office so as to arm myself with everything necessary in decimating these unwanted creatures.
139.  A big addition added to my ever increasing laundry pile, Mt. Washmore, because of #138.
140.  Started my shawl and ripped it out a total of four times.
141.  Became increasingly frustrated with my lace shawl. It is now in the garbage.
142.  Started my shawl with a thicker wool.  What is up with cobweb lace weight???  I believe I have actually suffered about 25% vision loss due to the uncanny belief that I could actually complete such a large project with such teeny-tiny strands of wool.  Silly me.
143.  Did more laundry because of #138.
144.  Took a break from vacuuming, laundry, washing, and fumigating the house to go to the art gallery.
145.  I think hubby was a bit concerned for my sanity (because of #138) so he took us for dinner.
146.  Went to Wal-Mart and bought a bunch of movies on sale for $5.00 each.
147.  Did more laundry (because of #138).
148.  Unraveled the above-mentioned shawl.  I think I am not supposed to complete this one.  NEV-AH!  I will complete it!  I’ll be the mad woman screaming at her non-existent cats – but, hey, my shawl will be rockin’.
149.  Watched Memoirs of a Geisha.  Such an amazing visual movie.  Beautifully filmed.  I even almost enjoyed it as much as the book . . . almost.
150.  Weeded the front flowerbeds today which have been sorrily neglected this summer.
151.  Took about a case of Advil after spending 2 ½ hours bent over weeding the aforementioned flower beds.
152.  Having some trouble sleeping since it was about 29 degrees (Celsius) today which means inside the house, at midnight, it is approximately +60 degrees.  Crazy hot.
153.  Awoke at 2:21 a.m. to the most amazing (and terrifying) thunderstorm.  The wind was crazy, rain was flying in the window horizontally, we had a bit of hail, and there were about 100 lightning strikes per minute.  As the sky lit up, I would look for signs of tornados – thankfully there was nothing.  But I was sure ready to grab my daughter, hubby, and head downstairs to safety.
154. Had a great visit today with friends passing through town.
155.  Ate a creamsicle . . . yum!
156.  Sat out on our deck tonight until the mosquitos chased us back in.  For awhile is was lovely with the candles burning and the twinkle lights twinkling.
157.  Worked on a pair of knitted socks which watching Men in Black II.
158.  Frogged my lace shawl . . . again.
159.  Started my lace shawl . . . again.
160.  Attended a 25th wedding anniversary party.
161.  Played Keesdrow (my favourite game ever) with the family.  I am sad to report my hubby has currently taken the lead.  Rematch tonight!

That is it for now my lovely readers.  I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment