Saturday, June 12, 2010

Off In New Directions


..., originally uploaded by Knit Girl...(in & out).


I hate hackers!  With a passion!  I know, hate is a strong word, but it is most appropriate.  Over the last few days I have been getting strange e-mails from myself to . . . myself.  A friend has suggested someone had hacked into my account.  My first thought was "gasp . . . my pictures!"  I realize this wouldn't be most people's initial reaction, but I have 17.1 GB of photography on my computer.  If I lost it, it would truly be my fault because I didn't back it up onto an external hard drive.  But we are fixing that problem today.


On another note, I am a creature of habit.  I've always thought I adapted to change well.  But folks, let's face it . . . I eat the same thing for breakfast every day, toast and milk,  which must be prepared the same way each time or it doesn't taste the same.  I think that's why I never get breakfast in bed.  At church, if I am not organist that day, my daughter and I sit in the same pew every time (hubby is the pastor so we very rarely get to sit with him unless we're visiting another church).  There are so many more things I could list, but I'm starting to see that perhaps it's not that I am a creature of habit.  Rather I am displaying severe OCD tendancies . . . hmmmmmmm.  Okay, let's not say I'm a creature of habit.  Let's just say I'm . . . "quirky".  That sounds much better than continuing to reveal my obviously neurotic personality!


So this morning as I was eating my toast,  uummm . . . my "porridge" . . . I found myself . . . okay.  Hang on there.  I tried to deny that I even had toast, you know, to change things up.  It felt too wrong and I'm starting to have a panic attack thinking I'm really starting my day without toast for breakfast!  Let us continue . . .


As I was eating my toast, I was reflecting on the great inconvenience this hacker has caused me.  I stayed up until 1:00 a.m.  last night changing my e-mail service provider.  I tried importing my contact information (which I was unable to complete until this morning) -- so now I'm tired and grumpy.  I'm still trying to figure out how to import all my bookmarked sites!  And, here's the kicker, now I am having to relearn a whole new e-mail program.  I am frustrated because I don't want to relearn a whole new e-mail program.  The one I was using was just fine, thank you very much.  Well, okay not fine as of late obviously, but for almost 10 years now I have never had a problem.  Things were going swimmingly and I was coasting through life virtually unchallenged by technology as we know it.


But now, a pimply-faced, greasy-haired geek has thrown down the gauntlet.  Okay draGonMasTer21352 . . . it is on like Donkey Kong baby!  You wanna face a dragon?  I don't think so man!  You have faced your last battle my friend.  You can go to your D&D gathering this afternoon bragging to your friends, and while your back is turned, I will fight back!  I have clothed myself in armour of new passwords.  I am looking into such secret computer . . . stuff . . . that even the Pentagon won't be able to hack in.  That's right, baby!  And while you are laying on the ground writhing after I kick you hard in the crotch, I will sit back and eat my toast.  And you know what?  I'm gonna have hot chocolate instead of milk!  


Yeah, I'm capable of change -- thanks for showing me the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment