Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Decaf


Decaf, originally uploaded by Knit Girl....
I have come across the greatest blog site for photography and PS/PSE actions. It is called CoffeeShop:

CoffeeShop

There you will find oodles of goodies. I have learned a lot in the past 24 hours. In fact my brain is a bit on overload. But between loads of laundry and cleaning up the house I have been playing with some of the actions I've downloaded. As soon as my daughter gets home, I'm going to go on a walkabout with my camera -- try to find some new images to play with.

To the right is the original image I wanted to change.  I used two actions for this photo: first I used Portrait Perfect to give a bit of definition to the eyes (it is a self-portrait so the eyes were not totally in focus). Then I used the Colour Pop 2 action and set it to "Decaf" -- I like the urban edginess it creates. A bit of tweaking with layers and contrast and voila! C'est magnifique! Well...at least I think it looks pretty cool :D                                                                                               
                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment